Wednesday 13 September 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Forty Fifth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 345 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner me wiph Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel. Let's see wot we gots this week:

@diamondbertie
Well done winning with your choice Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel, very topical in the troubled times we are living in.  My spontaneous thought went to the movie Guess Who's Coming To Dinner, this film caused such a stir at the time. My choice is The Glory Of Love from the said film.




@maggietkat
Well done Lexie with Games Without Frontiers. First thing I thought of for a link is go with Frontier. With the passing of Walter Becker, Steely Dan is on my mind. So here is a song from Donald Fagan's first solo album  (The Nightfly), New Frontier.




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week our winner was Games Without Frontiers….this reminds us of the organisation Medecins Sans Frontiers …or Doctors Without Borders as it is known in English….doctors spend their whole day diagnosing patients …..and some of their patients can be…well…impatient….so this week our linky is Robert Palmer singing “Bad Case of Loving yOu” which has the lyrics…

… Doctor, doctor, give me the news
I've got a bad case of lovin' you
No pill's gonna cure my ill
I've got a bad case of lovin’ you,,,




@terenceterrier
Larst week sooper dooper DJ Miss Lexie winned da chainy wiv Peter Gabriel n "Games Without Frontiers " . Appawrently  da songy 's lyrics have been interpreted as a commentary on war and internashunal diplomacy being like children's games. Da video I wotched of it shows lotsa pix of nuclear or atomic bombs exploding n peeps praktisin survival drills. Very apt choice wiv current US / North Korea situation. So for my linky I gonna select one of my favrit songs on dis issue "Eve of Destruction " by Barry McGuire. *retires to concrete underground bunker for nap*




@skye613
So we has to linky to Lexies winning tune " Games Without Frontiers ". Great tune. Gonna stick with gaming! Have always loved this song. This version is great, live and with Melissa. Youtube done something strange so hope this comes through. " Foolish Games" What you say? No, Dis not a foolish game!





An da winner as chosen by ............... me dad  ...................... dus be  ..............................  Terence (again!). Yay.

Ere wot me dad said: Oh well very good links as always. I am torn between 3 and 4 both very good ... hmmmmm ok 4 pipped it.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 18th September 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment