Thursday 12 October 2017

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Forth Ninth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 349 of Lexie's Chain. Last week the winner was Maggie wiph I'm Telling You Now from Freddie and the Dreamers.  Let's see wot we gots this week:

@diamondbertie
Well done Maggie with I’m Telling You Now.I thought and thought I thought funny dancing I decided to go for Joyce Grenfell with Old Time Dancing (Stately as a Galleon) we need to smile in these sad times.



@terenceterrier
Last week Miss Maggie win wiv "I'm Telling You Now " in a video wiv Freddie and The Dreamers / Frankie Avalon doing a strange dance. So I looks for a linky on da dance theme n wiv 2 artists performing together and I give yoo Tina Turner and David Bowie performing "Let's Dance" live. Ps. Whilst doing my research I did find video of "The Chicken Dance" wiv Mr Bean, Mr Obama n Justin Bieber wot also fitted my criteria but since some of yoo may be of a sensitive disposition I fort it best to pass on it.



@cloonfourmegan
Last week clever Maggie won with Frankie Avalon singing I'm telling you now. Frankie A was in the movie of Grease famously singing Beauty School Dropout. But we pick our favourite song from the film oh yes it's Greased Lightning!




@skye613
Congrats to Maggie! Freddie & the Dreamers were part of the Merseybeat sound, although they hailed from Manchester. Many great bands & artists came/ come from Manchester including one of my early favs The Hollies. Link this week .... " Look Through Any Window." Staying with the oldies! Enjoy.




@sonikebt
Well done Maggie for the winning link “I’m telling you now” by Freddie and the Dreamers with Frankie Avalon. What Freddie was “telling you” was that he was in love. Eric Stewart from 10cc thought that if he kept saying I Love You to his wife over & over that it would mean nothing, even though he did love her. This was the idea behind 10cc’s hit, and our link this week, “I’m Not in Love”




@djladylexie
Well done Maggie! Freddie and the Dreamers. Freddie - Freddie Garrity - once worked as a milkman in Manchester. The most famous milkman song must be Ernie, he drove the fastest milk cart in the west you know!




An da winner as chosen by ............... Maggie ...................... dus be  .............................. El Tel! Yay. You choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot Maggie said: What wonderful links! After some deliberation, my choice is Tina Turner and David Bowie with Let's Dance. 

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on Monday 16th October 2017 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment