Thursday 4 January 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Sixty First Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 361 of Lexie's Chain.Last week da dinner was Maggie wiv Don't Cry For Me Argentina from Madonna Evita. Let's see what we got this week:

@terenceterrier
Larst week Miss Maggie winned da chainy wiv "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" sung by Madonna. Dis songy woz from da moosical writted by Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber and notable in dat it woz one of a number of his songs which were hits in their own right. Annuva such song iz "Memory " taken from his moosical "Cats" ( appawriate doncha fink since Miss Maggie be judging) and dis be my linky as sung by Elaine Paige who woz da original Grizabella in da show.




@diamondbertie
My first entry for this year La Bamba by Trini Lopez because Maggie won with Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, I wanted to stay with the South American mood.




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie won wiv Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Don’t Cry for me Argentina. This musical was initially released on vinyl before the stage show with Julie Covington singing Eva Peron. Julie decided because of her politics not to take the stage role which went to Elaine Paige who ended up much more famous. Anyway here is Julie in great 70s TV series Rock Follies.




@claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week our winner was Don’t Cry for me Argentina…this was of course a hit song from the musical Evita…our linky this week therefore is another song from musical which achieved chart success…we have chose One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head…this was from the musical Chess, co-written by Sir Tim Rice who also had a paw in Evita….it made it to the top of the charts in many countries (although only no. 12 in the UK).




@sonikebt
@MaggieTKat won the chain with “Don’t cry for me Argentina” sung by Madonna.  Argentina did win the Football World Cup in 1986 even with the controversial “Hand of God” goal by Maradona in the quarterfinal against England. Now in the good old days teams who qualified for World Cup used to record a team song. We are going to chose our favourite World Cup song “Don’t come home to soon” by Del Amitri.




@djladylexie
Maggie wunned wiv Don't Cry For Me Argentina. Me linky is Madonna! What? Did you know dat there was a parody of this song called Don't Cry For Me Marge and Tina. The song was written and perfomed by The Goodies who were a 1970's comedy trio. They were quirky and very funny (at the time). Madonna dun a song called Erotica which is also famous in da UK for a misheard line that mentions Bill Oddie (one of The Goodies). The line goes: Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put Your Hands All Over My Body - hehe is sposed to be Erotic, Erotic, Put Your Hands All Over My Body.





An da winner as chosened by Maggie dus be Clapton! Woop off to a good start me pal. So you dus be the choosin one next week.

Ere wot Maggie said: Amazing links that I had to thoroughly research. I have to say that musicals in general are not my preferred listening (Dad makes us..). However, I didn’t realize that One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head… was from the musical Chess, so I have to choose this. Big early MTV hit!

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 8th January 2018 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment