Thursday 15 February 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Sixty Seventh Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 367 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was Maggie wiph Born To Be Wild, Steppenwolf. Let's see what we got this week:

@skye613
"Born To Be Wild" became the anthem for motorcycle fanatics and for the unbridled joy of riding a bike. Harley Davidson cycles have adopted this as their motto!   " Live to Ride Ride to Live."  My linky this week Twisted Sister. " " Ride to Live Live to Ride!"




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Maggie dud win wiv great biker song Born to be Wild. This was originally written by the fantastically named Mars Bonfire! We likes another singer called Mars but it be in his surname so we picks Bruno Mars and The Way You Are.




@claptonterrier
last week our winner was born to be wild…ahem….I think I am far too polite to be considered wild so this week I have been looking for a song about good manners…and so this week my linky is “You’re so pretty"….by the Charlatans….




@terenceterrier
Larst week Miss Maggie put her name on da scoresheet wiv "Born to be wild" . If yooz born to be wild yoo be a wild one. Dat be good anipal logic I fink. So for my linky I chooses " Real Wild Child ( Wild One ) " by Iggy Pop.




@limeoscar
Oh Maggiekat what are you doing to us with the great Born to be Wild, evocative of driving down the highway with the wind through our fur! Except we don’t really have the open highways here, rather the open moors, which puts me more in mind of Kate Bush as she sings of Heathcliffe in Wuthering Heights, so this does be our linky.




@sonikebt
Last weeks winning song was “Easy Rider” by Steppenwolf as chosen by @MaggieTKat. This scene from Easy Rider was used by the Coen Brothers to advertise a Mercedes at the Superbowl in 2017. So this week as our link we have chosen a song used by the Coen Brothers in The Big Lebowski “The Man In Me” by Bob Dylan.




@djladylexie
Born To Be Wild was a Steppenwolf hit. Steppenwolf got their name from the novel Der Steppenwolf wot  was written by Hermann Hesse. The novel got it's name from the steppe wolf. So, me linky is wolf songs and here is one from da eighties Duran Duran, Hungry Like The Wolf.




An da winner ............ as chosened by Maggie ..................... dus be ............................... Clapton! Yay well done me pal! You choosin next week.

Ere wot Maggie said: Great links all eclectic like me! I chose “You’re so pretty"….by the Charlatans. I liked the singer's Flying Burrito Brothers shirt, interesting tune but I don’t think the song is about prim and proper, um, stuff.

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me on 19th February 2018 (gets it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment