Friday 6 April 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Seventy Fourth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 374 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was me wiph Gladys Knight an the Pips. Let's see what we got dis week:

@maggietkat
Well. Done Lex with Gladys Knight and the Pips. When I think of Gladys Knight I think of their hit “Midnight Train the Georgia”.  I love trains but they disappearing.  This song written by Steve Goodman describes the love, lore and longing for trains; turned into a hit for Arlo Guthrie and Willie Nelson. Here is Arlo doing “City of New Orleans”. His opening remarks described how he was introduced to the song.




@terenceterrier
Larst week Dame Lexie winned wiv "You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me" by Gladys Knight and The Pips. Dis woz a 70's hit. For my linky I duss a nifty little side step to a title wot convey da same message - "You Are My World" by Cilla Black. Corse dis woz a 60's hit so to tie in wiv da same decade as da previous linky I gives yoo a live vershun - Cilla live at The Royal Albert Hall on 13 January 1973.




@limeoscar
Pawsome win from Dame L with Gladys Knight and her pips . . . and talking of Knights does make us think of the musicians who have been knighted, and there are some amazing ones to choose from!  But we picked Sir Tom Jones with his hit 'You can leave your hat on’ which he covered it in 1997 for the British film The Full Monty, coz it seemed pretty topical with the Stand Up 2 Cancer that’s been on the tv box.  So here he is with his belting set of welsh pipes from The Voice performance last year (no nudity involved 😳) . . .




@cloonfourmegan
Last week Lexie won wiv Gladys Knight and her Pips. Now doing our research for the Linky we did find that Gladys’ son did set up Chicken and Waffles Restaurants in Atlanta. So in honour of that we does choose Techno Chickens!




claptonterrier
Hello Miss Lexie…last week our song was a winner by Lady Knight….i am entering this week with a wild throw of the dice (not dominoes)…so what will be will be….BOL….our entry this week is Que Sera Sera..by Doris Day! See what I did there….? …well, it was almost funny…




An da winner ............ as chosened by me dad  ..................... dus be .............................. Megan wiv techno chickens! Yay! So you dus be choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot me dad said:  I ...........  can't ...............resist ................... the technooooooooooooooooooooooo

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 9th April 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment