Saturday 21 April 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Seventy Sixth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 376 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was Megan wiph. Let's see what we got dis week:

@maggeitkat
Well done Oscar with Ellla Eyre's Swing Low Sweet Chariot Eyre sang this at the Rugby World Cup. This song has always been one of my favorite spirituals, the somber melody with meaningful words. My other favorite female singer who sang a classic song at a world event is kd lang. This is lang featured at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics closing ceremonies  singing “Hallelujah”.




@djladylexie
Dis song is a secrt code .. it ain't about chariots at all but is about the struggly to end slavery. This and uvva songs was called underground railroad songs, none of which was about bein underground or the railroads we as discovered. I like the idea of bein underground mind you. Bit like the wombles did. They liked being boaf underground and overground, womblin free in fact. Oh ..... well there you go! Me linky be done.





@terenceterrier
Larst week da winning chainy be Ella Eyre wiv "Swing Low Sweet Chariot " wot be da England Rugby song. So I finks duss I go wiv a linky wot be abowt da England Football team ?  Nah ! Dat be too predictable. I gonna be unpredictable n keep da sporting theme but go wiv a tennis song ( yup there rilly iz one) and gives yoo "Unpredictable " by Olly Murs and Louisa Johnson.




An da winner ............ as chosened by Oscar ..................... dus be ..............................  oh noes is me again!! So me dad dus be choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot me Oscar said: Ooh . . . they may be few but still mighty diverse options dis week.  After much deliberashuns we has chosen Linky 2, coz I did get to snuggle on hoomum’s lap whilst she reminisced about da luffly Wombley peeps and I duz like bimbling free  . . . zat the same as Wombiln free? 🤔


So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 23rd April 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment