Sunday 20 May 2018

Lexie's Chain: The Three Hundred and Eightieth Chain

Hello pals. Welcome to week 380 of Lexie's Chain. Last week da winner was Clapton wiv Thomas Dolby Blinded Me Wiph Science. Let's see what we got this week:

@cloonfourmegan
Last week Clapton won wiv Thomas Dolby Blinded by Science. What’s the opposite of science? Faith. You can be blinded by both. In a good way.  So we pick Stormzy and Blinded by Your Grace.




@terenceterrier
Larst week our little woolly pal Sir C did win wiv "She Blinded Me With Science" . Well if you're blinded you're gonna need a guide dog. So wivowt more ado I gives yoo "Trust Me Baby" by Southeastern Guide Dogs.




@djladylexie
That song has got Magnus Pyke in it. Magnus Pyke was a scientist an famuss radio/tv personality. A pike (spelt differently of course) is also a fish. There's a song about pike (yes reallY). Dats me linky.




@sonikebt
Sir Clapton’s winning song was “She Blinded Me With Science” by Thomas Dolby. The American engineer Ray Dolby invented the noise reduction system called Dolby NR. Ray Dolby had two sons one of whom is also called Tom Dolby. Tom is a filmmaker and his company produced Luca Guadagnino’s (in our view) beautiful film “Call Me By Your Name”. Sufjan Stevens contributed 3 songs to the soundtrack including “Mystery of Love”.




@maggietkat
Well done Clapton with “she blinded me with Science.”  I am using “blind” as my link. The first thing I thought of was the band Blind Faith and their number “Can't find my way home.”  A double link! 





An da winner ............ as chosened by Clapton ..................... dus be ..............................  Tel! Nice one Tel!So you dus be choosin next week me pal.

Ere wot me Clapton said: Hello Miss Lexie. We have been having some fun listening to this week’s entries. The ads have obviously been giving it a lot of thought. Anyhoo, our winner this week is linky 2 by the Southeastern Guide Dogs. A very touching song about these lovely doggies and quite close to my heart after dragging TT around on his lead the last few weeks after his eye op. Woof

So now is over to you. Email me: lex[dot]dogstovesky @ gmail.com or DM me by 22nd May 2018 (ges it to me by 10am UK time if poss). Oh sometimes I dus accidentally delete em! Heehee. So good idea to type DO NOT DELETE in the title and dussnt forget to send a linky to da video from You Tube!

Lexie's Chain dus be inspired by da pawsome Radcliffe & Maconie Show wot you can has a listen to on dere website. Follow me @dogstoyevsky or #lexieschain on Twitter to join da fun. Remember anyfink goes! Rock, classical, opera, ballads, punk, reggae - is up to you! Fanx for playin!

No comments:

Post a Comment